The builders have acknowledged, although, that they’re conscious of the problem and are working to roll out one other patch as rapidly as attainable. Within the meantime, there could also be one other option to reliably delight within the horror of the Village.
A Steam Person going by FluffyQuack has posted up a brief information on one thing which may resolve the problem over on the Steam Boards for the sport. It looks like a easy sufficient course of, however we’ll undergo it right here for you too. The workaround entails downloading REFramework which permits for modding and scripting of RE Engine primarily based video games. The venture is managed by praydog over on GitHub.
- Obtain the RE8 Framework Zip from praydog
- Extract the zip to the place you may have RE8 put in
- Delete openvr_api.dll and openxr_loader.dll information, these are solely crucial for VR
- Step 4
The person who posted this up thinks that the problem lies with a sure DLC conflicting with anti-tamper code believed to be added with the patch, and the REFramework bypasses these checks. FluffyQuack is unsure of this although, as Capcom’s patch notes solely state the next.
- Accessibility options have been added to permit a wider vary of customers to have the ability to expertise the sport.
- Minor points associated to the gameplay has been fastened.
Modding video games is a fairly lengthy standing custom within the PC gaming world, we hope that the belief of tamper prevention by FluffyQuack is unfaithful. It is not like we’ve not seen builders attempt to cease mods earlier than, although. We simply should hope this is not what Capcom is attempting to do, and hopefully a patch permitting the sport to work extra stably even with mods will launch quickly.